Required tools: drill, wrench, 7/16" (11.0mm) bit, for wood anchoring: 9/32" (7.20mm) bit, for masonry anchoring: 3/8" (9.5mm) masonry drill bit.
The steps are as follows:
- Tip the safe on its right side. (door hinges horizontal with the floor)
- Unlock the safe and open the door.
- Look on the bottom (outside) of the safe for two indentations in opposite corners. Using a 7/16"(11.0mm) bit, drill a hole through each indentation perpendicular to the bottom of the safe.
- Close the door and tip the safe upright. Place it where desired and re-open the door.
- Use a screw or drill bit to mark the floor through both holes.
- Move the safe aside to clear both marked spots for drilling.
- Drill into the floor: For wood using a 9/32" (7.2mm) bit, drill a hole 2 1/2" (64mm) deep in each marked spot. For masonry: using a 3/8" (9.50 mm) bit, drill a hole 2 1/2" (64mm) deep in each markedspot. Install a masonry anchor in each hole.
- Replace the safe in the desired position, with the holes in the safe aligned with those in the floor.
- Securing the safe: For wood: pass each lag screw through a washer, then through the safe and into a hole. Tighten with a wrench. For masonry: pass each lag screw through a washer, then through the safe and into a masonry anchor. Tighten with a wrench.