Through-the-wall drop box Description
The Through-the-wall drop box has a reinforced double steel door to protect against prying, shown with a standard tubular cam-lock. This is the perfect way to lock and secure rent checks, letters, mail, cash payments, large envelopes, and more.
- Piano hinge
- Drop slot opening is 12.38” long enough to drop legal size papers or large envelopes
- Pre-drilled mounting holes on sides for the in-the-wall installation
- Installation hardware included
- Metal baffle to protect drop opening from fishing
- Tubular style key lock with double “D” configuration
- Comes with 2 tubular keys
- Designed to be installed in the wall between standard wall studs (16” on center)
- Includes 2 removable and adjustable metal frames to hide the rough cuts
- Requires cutting the drywall between the studs
- Drop from one side and remove from the opposite side
Also available: Electronic lock and combination lock for an additional charge.
Through-the-wall drop box specifications
The Through-the-wall drop box has the following specifications:
- Exterior dimensions (H x W x D): 15 in. x 14 in. x 8.75 in.
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Door opening (W x H): 11.25” x 5.25”
- Drop slot size (W x H): 12.38” x 0.5”
- Door thickness: 1/8”
- Maximum thickness of item to drop is ½” thick
- 3 anchor holes on each side
- Mounting hardware included
Date Added: 01/07/2015 by Mariam R.
This a wonderfully made drop box. Sturdy and very secure. We love it. I will highly recommend as we tested it to be sure that it could not be tampered, and it does exactly what is described to do. The price factor was very low based on what they market for.
Excellent solid in-wall drop box. Only gripe is the hardware that comes with it doesn't have screws for the trim pieces and there is no template. I ended up buying all different lags, washers, and screws anyway. If you're handy, it's pretty easy to install.