B-rated Cash Safe B1414E Description
This Digital B-rated Cash Safe B1414E is a B-rated burglary construction with steel live locking bolts and electronic lock, which is also available in Combination Lock (DHO-B1414C).
- 3” total door thickness
- 3 1.25” massive chrome-plated solid steel live locking bolts
- 1 drill-resistant hard plate
- 1 active spring-loaded re-locker
- 1 full length locking bar to prevent attacks on hinges
- 1 adjustable/removable shelf
- 4 pre-drilled anchor holes
- ½” thick solid steel door
- ¼” thick solid steel body
B-rated Cash Safe B1414E specifications
The Digital B-rated Cash Safe B1414E has the following specifications:
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- Exterior: 14 in. x 14 in. x 14 in.
- Interior: 13.75 in. x 13.75 in. x 11 in.
- Weight: 70 lbs.
- Storage capacity: 1.2 cubic feet
- Limited Warranty
- One year: Hollon Safe offers a period of one year from date of purchase against manufacture defects for all parts and labor on all safes, excluding digital components.
- Four year: An extended four-year warranty for all replacement parts, excluding digital components.
Shipping and Delivery
The Digital B-rated Cash Safe B1414E is directly shipped to the customer in 1 to 2 business days. Please allow the manufacturer 7 to 10 business days for the arrival of the package.
A tracking number will be provided to the customer via email.
Since it is a curbside delivery, shipping will include a lift gate to protect the safe from the truck to the ground. It is the customer’s responsibility to get the safe to the desired room.
Date Added: 11/11/2014 by J. S.
If Security Is Your Priority.....then this is your best bang for a buck!! If you want a waterproof safe, This is a solid all steel safe that once anchored to the floor, will deter ANY THIEF!! I feel much more comfortable with this guy as opposed to the plastic crap in this price range!!
Nice box, the color is deeper gray than the photo, which is nice. The packaging was good on the outside, but there was nothing on the inside of the unit, so the shelf and mounting pieces were smashing around inside. No major damage, just poor attention to this area of the packaging. There's a Hollon Safe sticker on mine, though I'm sure many other manufacturers are using this same design (made in China). Seems like a decent safe for the price.
I have never had a safe before, so I am no expert. But the safe appears very well built -- all steel of good thickness all around, and an even thicker door. The earlier comment about the shelf banging around on the inside is accurate, and as noted it does not seem to matter that much. Hard to hurt steel I guess. At about 70 pounds, the safe is manageable to get anywhere you want it, but will need to be anchored to be secure.
At first I could not get the safe to open. The instructions are pretty brief and omit some needed advice. A trip to the company website explained the procedure to insert the batteries and connect the locking mechanism. If you do exactly what it says to do, the lock opens fine. Remember the batteries need to be inserted and/or removed while the lead is connected.
No anchoring bolts were included, so I will need to go to the hardware store for that. But generally, if your concern is burglary protection exclusively, you should be happy with this choice.